School Board Elections and Voting
May 7, 2022
First Day to File is: January 19, 2022
Last Day to File is: February 18, 2022
Last Day to File a Declaration of Write-in Candidacy: February 22, 2022
Richland Springs ISD Central Office
700 West Coyote Trail
Richland Springs, Texas 76871
To be eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, the office of school board member, a person must:
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable.
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities [but see Ineligibility below].
- Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in
the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
- For an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot.
- For a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate's name is written in.
- For an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made.
- Be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described at item 5, above.
- Satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office
Election Code 1.020, 141.001(a); Education Code 11.066; Gov’t Code 601.009; Tex. Const. Art. XVI, Sec. 14